Whether you call it Autumn, Fall or Spooky Season, the pre-winter months are all about getting comfy and cosy – preferably with a Pumpkin Spiced Latte in hand.
With cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin flavours, it's the drink of the season. But the big secret is that you don’t need to go to a café to get it.
This special version is less sweet than the average PSL. In fact, this is a Specialty Pumpkin Spiced Latte – a subtler, even more scrumptious version which uses the finest ingredients, does espresso justice, and isn’t too bad for your health, either.
For the Pumpkin Spice Mix
90g boiling water
90g light brown sugar
10g powdered cinnamon
3g powdered nutmeg
300g pumpkin puree
For the latte
Milk of choice
For the Pumpkin Spice Mix (10 servings)
- Mix the water, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg until it dissolves in a jar.
- Add 300g of pumpkin puree to the jar and mix well.
- Store in the fridge.
For the Pumpkin Spice Latte
If using a home espresso machine:
- Using a home espresso machine, pull a double shot of espresso.
- Add 30g of the Pumpkin Spice Mix to a cup, pour over the espresso, then swirl.
- Add 250ml milk to a jug and stream your milk.
- Pour the milk over your espresso mix and sprinkle with Pumpkin Spice Mix or cinnamon.
If using a Kompresso or coffee pods:
- Pull a double espresso into your preferred cup.
- Add 30g of the Pumpkin Spice Mix into the espresso and stir gently.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan over a low heat until steaming and frothy.
- Pour milk into the glass or mug, then spoon over any froth.
- Stir to combine, then dust with more cinnamon or some Pumpkin Spice Mix before serving.