Gluten Free | No Refined Sugar
- Put the oats and water into a clean container and mix thoroughly. Set to one side.
- Reserve a bit of fruit for serving (or use additional fruit). Dice or grate your apple, discarding the core. Mash your banana with a fork.
- Mix the fruit, honey and cinnamon into the oats, cover and store in the fridge for minimum one hour (or overnight). As the oats absorb the water (and honey, cinnamon..) they swell up and soften, eventually creating a porridge like consistency.
- When you’re ready to eat, stir the yoghurt into the oats and add a little more water to adjust the consistency to your liking.
- Transfer to a bowl, add a dollop of your nut butter, a few slices of banana, some diced apple and a sprinkle of flaked almonds. Add additional fruit or honey to your liking. Enjoy! Stores in the fridge for 3 days.
Another combination for overnight oats is carrot, sultana, cardamom and cashew: the recipe is as above but replace the apple with grated carrot, banana with 40g sultanas, cinnamon with cardamom and almonds with cashews/cashew butter.
Kiss the Hippo Team